Are you a student interested in the Biotech Industry and looking for scholarship opportunities?
One of IowaBio’s core purposes since its formation has been to foster Iowa’s vibrant talent pipeline. Iowa’s STEM students are a critical component to fuel our IowaBio member companies with a skilled workforce. Through our support of STEM education, IowaBio creates meaningful partnerships in order to support students, teachers, schools, colleges, and universities through scholarships, stipends, programming and competitions that encourage and enrich STEM education.
Goals of the IowaBio STEM Scholarship Program:
- To make an impact on STEM students while encouraging connections to IowaBio’s biotechnology members.
- To help create STEM success stories in Iowa.
- To highlight the efforts of the association and its members to support STEM education and STEM students.
About the Scholarship
The Future Biotech Leaders Scholarships are awarded annually by IowaBio to recipients selected by the association’s STEM Committee for their outstanding commitment to STEM. The scholarships will help support recipients pursue college education in a STEM-related field. Students who claim their scholarships in order to attend a university, college, or other post-secondary institution in the state of Iowa will receive $2,000.00. Those who enroll in an out-of-state school will receive $1,000.00.
- High School Junior or Senior at an Iowa high school
- 3.0 - 4.0 GPA
- Strong interest in Science, Engineering, Technology or Math fields of study
- Intent to pursue a college major in a STEM field
- Bioscience/life science emphasis is a plus
- Contact information
- One page recommendation letter from a reference
- Short essay (1-2 pages) explaining how their research will advance the STEM field they wish to pursue after graduating high school.
- Application period opens January 15, 2023, and closes February 28, 2023.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified prior to the SSTFI and the awardees will be physically presented with a certificate from IowaBio at the SSTFI awards ceremony.
- Students must claim their award money through the IowaBio website, after enrolling at a college or university and being provided with a student ID number.